Can a single event change your life? Heck, even a single moment has the capacity to change your life. So what can you do today to ensure that you have your best year ever?
IN THIS EPISODE
Think of the decisions you have made in the past, whether you were really on board or maybe it wasn’t such a good decision. Imagine how different things would have been if you hadn’t made that decision. All of the time we say “I wish I had done this instead.” But I’m a firm believer in no regrets. Instead, let’s focus on what you can do today to ensure that you have the best future ever.
How I learned to have my best year ever
For me, it’s all thanks to Hal Elrold and his Best Year Ever Blueprint. I found my way at this event during a crucial pivot in my business life. I was pivoting from interior design to business coaching and I was feeling doubt, fear, shame, insecurity, uncertaintly and more.
I started asking myself, “Can I really do this? Is this really possible for me?” Then I would argue with that voice and shortly after that the voice of fear would kick in. I was in a spiral. Not only was I struggling with all of these negative emotions within myself, but I was feeling alone because my local community didn’t understand my big dreams. It was isolating.
One day, I was listening to Hal Elrod Achieve Your Goals Podcast where he had Dana Malstaff as his guest. I had already read his book the Miracle Morning and connected with him, but this was my first introduction to Dana from Boss Mom. I felt drawn to them like I knew these are my people. On this particular podcast episode they were talking about his 2nd event coming up and I just knew I had to go.
In a moment of just pure faith, I bought a ticket and booked a flight to San Diego. I had never been that far from Michigan or traveled alone before.
Best Year Ever Event
With every person I connected with I felt accepted and safe, even in the connections made in the hotel before the event. I had never been in a place where I felt so at home and like I could actually be my authentic self. Surrounded by hundreds of other successful business owners who were struggling with the same emotions that I was.
I had such a shift during that event and found the community that I didn’t even know I needed. I don’t know that I would be here without that. I am really not sure if I would have been able to show up on video or started this podcast without it. To this day, we still mastermind and collaborate.
How do you have your best year ever?
Start with empowering words. Listen to Episode 86 where we talk about 3 empowering statements that will boost your positivity.
Be present and mindful with yourself. Really evaluate what it is that you want to be doing and where you are.
Take a baby step in the direction of your dream.
Gamble on yourself. Take a risk.
Go to the Best Year Ever event.
Let’s Chat More
Head on over to the Facebook Group to get all of my support on anything that you’re doing, especially if you need some mindset help. That’s my jam!
- 1:01 I’m a big believer in no regrets and in not regretting the past because you can’t change that. It is what it is and it has made you who you are today. But you can change your future.
- 2:58 You’re not Oprah, you know? You’re just this little person from Detroit Mi. Pipe down. Then I’d shut that voice down and I would feel uncertain.
- 6:20 Never in my life had I been immersed in a community that accepted me for me in that way. Never before had I been able to show up without having to put on a mask or having to pretend that I had it all figured out becauseI was in a room of 300 people that were all insanely successful and were all also feeling fear.
- 8:29 It was really breaking through some of my own blocks in that one event that helped me see my potential and to realize my strengths and tap into who I am.
- 10:28 When you’ve identified what’s possible and you take one step, my bet is that you’re going to win. I’d put all my money on you because those two things are key. Identify what’s possible, take a step and as long as you are moving in that direction, nothing will fail you.
Hal Elrod’s Best Year Ever Blueprint
Hang out with us inside our free Facebook Community– where every day is a party!
SHARE THE LOVE!
Thanks so much for hanging out with me! Have some feedback you’d love to share? Leave a comment below. Or… if you want your comment or biz question featured on an upcoming episode, leave a voicemail. I’d love to spotlight you!
If this episode was valuable, please help by paying it forward and sharing with a friend 🙂