We all have money mindset issues that we are consistently working to improve, yes, even me. In my latest challenge, I helped others to identify their mindset issues and work through them – this is what we found out and how you can work through your mindset blocks too.
IN THIS EPISODE
0:27 I’m going to give feedback from the recent Money Mindset challenge we just completed in the Profit Party Facebook group. We switch this up depending on what people need help with, whether it’s goals, the way we think about money, the way we step out and go into the next step in business. Well, that’s my jam and that’s what I love to help you figure out and that’s what we did last week. When we got to the point where we needed to take action and implement, that’s the hardest part. When it comes to implementation, we did a little bit of goal setting, looked at what’s not serving us and something that doesn’t require a lot of actions.
2:14 As soon as you take a step out of your comfort zone, it’s like the life jacket comes off and you’re swimming out in the middle of the ocean. You start to question if people are going to judge you, is it safe out here? There are so many unknowns that start to trigger us and we start to get anxiety and fear and uncomfortableness. And we decide we need to make it better, get a little more practice or maybe it’s simple things like wanting to redo a room like I wanted to do for a YouTube video. These things are excuses when I allowed myself to get in my own way because I was uncomfortable talking about the information for the video.
4:30 We let ourselves get in our own way because we are afraid of being rejected and less than enough or less than perfect. We’re afraid that we’ll not be received in a way that we want. And that’s a scary thing. But we all know intellectually that that has to happen. We have to learn how to stretch ourselves if we want to grow in our business. Julie Neale said “we have to be stretched but not a strain.” A stretch is uncomfortable but not painful. Learning to tell the difference between uncomfortableness and pain in business is really important.
5:56 How do you know what the next step is? Well, you can ask yourself a few questions. Feel free to put me on pause and grab a pen and paper. Take 15-minutes for each question. You can take a walk, a bubble bath, meditate, go reconnect with nature.
- Discover what you’re feeling right now – when you think about taking the next step to grow your business and stretch yourself, how do you feel?
- What do you want to feel? This is about getting in tune with your desired results. It’s not always a quantitative result but it’s how you want to feel. A lot of times when my student or clients go through this, it’s often fear or anxiety. What do you want to feel instead of negative feelings? There’s no wrong answer here.
- What do you need to declutter or get rid of in order to feel that way? What words do you need to stop using? What thoughts do you need to stop allowing? What emotions do you need to declutter? There might be some actions here. It might mean boycotting a person or ignore your schedule so you can get your mojo back? We do a lot of work on this and this is where you flip your switch takes place.
- Do something. What is that action step? As little as it may be, identify it. Have an accountability partner or come over to the Profit Party Facebook group and tell us what it is. You’ll see people step up to support you and tell you that you are not alone. Do the thing that scares you.
- Sit back and relax and let the magic happen. This is where you get to allow the prosperity and abundance happen.
10:57 If you’re still hung up on the rejection part, what about it is tripping you up? Who are you afraid is going to reject you? Can you change that outcome to allow only those who will love you to be around you? Not everyone is going to love you. Think about your favorite music artist – does everyone love them? No. There are plenty of people who receive good and bad reviews and if you focus on the negative, then that’s where you’ll be and it will hold you back. But if you focus on where you’re going, and that’s where you’re meant to be than you need to do it. Take one little baby step. If you start to make that shift of the fear of rejection. You can do EFT or tapping to release the negative thoughts for anything. You can join me on YouTube and practice with me.
14:51 If you want to go a little deeper and take all of the steps you need to take in your business and have guidance, head over to the Profit Party Academy and see if it’s right for you. You can schedule a 15-minute call with me to see if it’s a good fit.
- We let ourselves get in our own way because we are afraid of being rejected and less than enough or less than perfect.
- As soon as you take a step out of your comfort zone, it’s like the life jacket comes off and you’re swimming out in the middle of the ocean.
- Learning to tell the difference between uncomfortableness and pain in business is really important. I’ll give you some questions to see where you’re going and help you move through the uncomfortable.
- If you’re still hung up on the rejection part, what about it is tripping you up?
- You can do EFT or Tapping to help you get rid of negative feelings.
Free Money Mindset Training– just in case you’re ready to take your profit power to the next level!
Hang out with us inside our free Facebook Community– where every day is a party!
SHARE THE LOVE!
Thanks so much for hanging out with me! Have some feedback you’d love to share? Leave a comment below. Or… if you want your comment or biz question featured on an upcoming episode, leave a voicemail. I’d love to spotlight you!
If this episode was valuable, please help by paying it forward and sharing with a friend 🙂