Is a blocked heart chakra keeping you from taking the action necessary to make the connections that move your business forward?
Your solar plexus, the energy center located in the center of your chest where your heart is, and it’s represented by the color green. The heart chakra is the energy center that connects you to other people. It’s your center of love and unconditional acceptance of yourself and others. When it is blocked the energy that helps to connect you with your clients and gives you the fuel required to serve at a high level stops flowing which stifles your ability to be vulnerable and genuinely connect with others.
Signs of an Imbalanced Heart Chakra
When this energy is blocked, you might feel lonely or withdrawn from the world and the people in your life. Or perhaps you feel disconnected from your business—staff members, partners or clients. Or maybe you’ve been feeling resentment toward people, jealousy, or you’re feeling on edge and seem to be having a hard time trusting others.
You may also find that you are feeling trapped, missing your own independence, and that you’re suddenly very dependent on other people. You’ve been feeling secure, like you cannot survive on your or you’re investing a lot of time, energy and attention on other people’s problems as a distraction from what’s really going on in your own life or business.
You may really be experiencing a lack of self-love or self-acceptance, feeling a need to be validated, looking for constant reassurance from outside people, secretly hoping they’ll notice your efforts and compliment or praise your hard work, reassuring you that you’re doing a good job (because it doesn’t seem to matter unless someone else notices). These are all signs that your heart chakra is out of balance and needs to be realigned.
Human beings need love, acceptance and connection more than they need recognition, money or success.
How an Imbalanced Heart Chakra Affects Your Business
When you feel distant, insecure, unimportant or unworthy, your decisions and behaviors reflect that. Human beings need love, acceptance and connection more than they need recognition, money or success. When these basic needs aren’t being fulfilled, you unknowingly will put all other goals on hold until your most fundamental needs are met.
For example, you might:
- Lower prices to please a client (I want them to work with me, I like them so much!).
- Resist asking for the sale (what if they say no and I ruin the relationship we’ve got going).
- Avoid networking to make connections and grow your business (what if they don’t like you?)
What behaviors are you engaging in or avoiding that are sabotaging your business? If they are people-oriented, there is a good chance your heart chakra is blocked or imbalanced.
Balancing the Heart Chakra
Balancing your heart chakra and opening yourself up to genuine love and connection will give you back the confidence to admit mistakes without feeling guilt or shame, to ask for what you want without fear, to put yourself out there without worrying what others might think. And It will give you the courage to make connections that move your business forward.
Here are a few practices to start implementing—both practical and metaphysical—that will help you unblock you heart chakra and get it back into balance.
Practical Ways to Balance the Heart Chakra
- You absolutely must start accepting and loving yourself. You have flaws, you have made mistakes and you’ve messed up. You’re human—that’s what you’re supposed to do! You would be an alien if you didn’t. Showing yourself compassion and forgiving yourself for any mistakes that you may have made in the past is an essential and critical first step.
- Work on accepting others—flaws and all. This may require you to practice forgiveness and exercising your compassion muscle—loving them despite the fact that they’re doing things that you don’t approve of or agree with.
- Minimize comparison and jealousy by flipping the switch on that toxicity. Try asking yourself, “Is this person somebody I can learn from? Are they showing up in my life to show you what’s possible for me? This person could be triggering you because somewhere inside, you know you’ve been holding back. Thank them for reminding you of the potential that exists for you too, step up your game and go after what is yours!
- Practice refraining from judging others. When someone is doing something you wouldn’t do, notice their choice and say to yourself, “Okay, that’s interesting. I wouldn’t do that, but they’re not me. I choose to accept that this is their decision and not get involved or attached,” This is especially important in your relationships with clients, coworkers and staff members, as they will not always make the decisions that you agree with, but it’s important to attempt to understand without judgement when they do. If a corrective action needs to be taken, practice compassion and empathy as you take it.
When you get really, really good at accepting others’ unconditionally—flaws, mistakes and differences—you get better at accepting yourself because your new way of thinking and behaving becomes a habit. Rather than creating distance with judgement you create connection with a positive attitude that energetically declares, “Your human. You’re not perfect, and I love you anyway.”
You can adopt this attitude toward others others as well as yourself. The more you mess up and say to yourself, “Oh, that’s okay. I’m human and I love myself anyway. I’m going to keep going, and I’m not going to let this hinder me from moving forward and making progress,” the stronger your heart center becomes and the easier it will be to stay in that energy of love and acceptance.
Are you ready for more abundance?
Metaphysical Ways to Balance the Heart Chakra
Now, here are a few metaphysical practices that will help you to balance your heart chakra and open yourself up to giving and receiving unconditional love, acceptance and genuine connection:
- Incorporate more of the color green into your life—add green to your home and decor, wear the color green, eat more green fruits and vegetables.
- Carry crystals with you that align with the energy of love, compassion and acceptance—green aventurine or rose quartz fare wonderful stones or balancing your heart chakra.
- Burn candles or incense in scents that remind you of a loving memory. Or try uplifting scents like bergamot, grapefruit, mandarin, patchouli, lemon or juniper.
- Meditate. Visualizing a clear, vibrant yellow light dancing around your body. Or, you can imagine that light as an energy sphere, the size of a grapefruit, just above your belly button swirling slowly and gracefully, protecting you and filling you up with confidence and power.
- Meditate. Visualize a clear green light flowing around your body or Or, you can imagine that light as an energy sphere, the size of a grapefruit, centered around your heart. You can also do this with the color pink. Green will heal a broken heart and pick will open you up to giving and receiving unconditional love.
- Fill your environment with scents—candles, incense or essential oils—that open up the heart chakra, like rose or sandalwood.
I hope that was helpful for you to identify some practical and metaphysical action steps that you can take to get your heart center back into balance, heal the emotions that are keeping you separated from what matters most and get you back on track to crushing it in your business.
Want more? Check out this overview on all seven of the business-related chakras: Balancing Your Chakras (Why It’s Good for Your Business.)
Cheering Your On,