Is a blocked solar plexus chakra the reason you’re not attracting clients? If you’re not feeling confident in your value or offers, or if you’re feeling overly tired, there’s a good chance that your solar plexus is either blocked or out of balance.
Here are a few signs that your solar plexus is blocked and some tips to get it unblocked and back into balance so you can start attracting clients who are excited to pay you.
Signs of an Imbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra
- Fear of putting yourself “out there” and promoting your offers
- Nervousness when making an offer to clients (aka not asking for the sale)
- Suffering from Imposter Syndrome – worried that you might not get your clients the results they’re hoping for.
- Over-Delivering – giving more than you should to clients in an effort to come across as more valuable and worth the investment
- Taking on more than your share of responsibility (i.e. doing everyone else’s job for them)
- Feeling overwhelmed, overworked and totally burnt out and maybe even a bit hopeless.
When you are confident in your work, others will trust you and feel comfortable investing in you.
Getting to Know the Solar Plexus Chakra
Your solar plexus, the energy center located just above your belly button, is your “power center”. It’s responsible for your feelings of self-esteem, confidence and personal power. It’s this energy that allows you to show up in the world with confidence, put yourself out there and let your future clients know how amazing you (and your offers) are.
How Your Solar Plexus Chakra Affects Your Business
When this energy center is blocked, you don’t feel amazing or confident. You avoid risks, play small and shy away from sharing your gifts with the world.
When the solar plexus is blocked, your head is filled with negative self-talk and self doubt and you feel like you’re not good enough to charge money for what you do (or you’re afraid no one will see value in it). And when someone does pay you, you worry about letting them down.
When you compare yourself to others who do the same work, it seems like they have it all figured out and you’re just barely keeping your sh*t together.
You might also feel the urge to control as much as you can around you (which gives you the feeling that everything is under control, even when it isn’t). When you are in “control mode” you may find yourself micromanaging tasks and taking on more than your share of the work, whether that’s with team members, or clients.
Overextending yourself, when you’re already spread thin, can lead to a diminished sense of personal power, leaving you feeling inadequate, overwhelmed and burnt out. All of this can have a toxic effect on your business.
When you’re confident, others will trust you and feel comfortable investing in you. However, when you’re not confident, that vibe will come across too, and prospects might second-guess signing on to work with you—that’s an energy you definitely don’t want to put out into the universe!
Balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra
If you feel your solar plexus chakra is blocked, these tips—practical and metaphysical—will help you get your confidence back, let go of the things that don’t serve you, and get back to owning who you are, what you do and why you’re incredible so that you can attract your dream clients with ease.
Practical Ways to Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
- Say your affirmations or listen to guided affirmations daily. Write them in your journal each morning and then repeat them aloud so that you can hear yourself speak them, and when you do, say them with conviction! Or go one step further and post them all over the place—on your bathroom mirror so you seem them every time you go into the bathroom. Make your favorite affirmation the screensaver on your computer or wallpaper on your phone (because you look at that thing like 400 times a day, right? What better way to reaffirm your awesomeness all day long?!) A few affirmations to try are:I am worthy, I am good at what I do. I don’t let the little things bother me. I do a good job. I am a great leader. I am a good listener. I am deserving. I am enough.
- Celebrate your successes. Whenever do anything exciting—check off an item on your to-do list, land a new client, hire a new employee, finish a blog post or a video, celebrate! Keep a diary of your wins and watch those wins add up over time so that whenever you’re starting to doubt yourself, you can look back at your list of wins and say, “I’m really making a lot of progress and I’m doing amazing things and here is proof! Today, is just a bad day. It’s temporary. What I really need to concentrate on is what’s working so I can get back to having a good day and feeling good about myself.”
- Prioritize. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a step back and choose the top three things that absolutely must get done. And then choose the most important one and forget about the rest. Once all three things are finished, give yourself permission to call it quits for the day (or at least take a break and celebrate before prioritizing the next most important thing).
- Practice letting things go. Learn to give others the room to make decisions. I realize that no one does things quite the same way as you, but does everything really have to be perfect? Can you pick your battles and let some things be as they are? Doing this will relieve a ton of stress and allow you to channel your energy on the things that only you can do. This alone is a game changer!
I have something to support you.
Mindset Workbook for Badass Confidence as a Coach
There is no room for self-doubt when it comes to coaching. When you feel start to notice the negative self-talk start up, you've got to have the tools in place to kick it to the curb—fast!
You've got people to help and a business to build. And you need to your vibe to be a level 10 to make it happen. This workbook will get you there!
Metaphysical Practices to Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
Now, here are a few metaphysical practices that will help you to balance your solar plexus chakra and get your personal power back:
- Incorporate more of the color yellow into your life—wear yellow clothes, decorate with the color yellow in your home or office, eat yellow fruits and vegetables.
- Carry crystals with you that align with the energy of power and abundance—citrine, tiger’s eye, yellow tourmaline, yellow jasper, yellow calcite.
- Burn candles or incense in scents that empower you—bergamot, grapefruit, mandarin, patchouli, lemon or juniper.
- Meditate. Visualizing a clear, vibrant yellow light dancing around your body. Or, you can imagine that light as an energy sphere, the size of a grapefruit, just above your belly button swirling slowly and gracefully, protecting you and filling you up with confidence and power.
These are just a couple of tips to help you get balance your solar plexus energy and get you back to feeling confident and amazing so you can attract clients and abundance into your business with ease.
Want more? Read an overview of all seven business-related chakras: Balancing Your Chakras (Why It’s Good for Your Business).
Love you to pieces,