If you’ve been feeling lost in your business—lacking clarity, unsure of which steps to take or have been struggling with making confident decisions, you might have an energy blockage in your third eye chakra.
Signs of an Imbalanced Third Eye Chakra
- Difficulty setting goals
- Lack of clarity around what you want
- Difficulty making confident decisions
- What you “think” you should do and what you “feel” you should do are totally different
- Your intuition has been “off” lately
- You’re not “clicking” with the people you work with
In business, having a clear vision of where you want to go is an essential part of developing a workable strategy.
Getting to Know the Third Eye Chakra
The third eye chakra is located in the center of your forehead, just above your eyebrows, and it is responsible for your ability to creatively visualize your dreams and goals, imagine your future and intuitively make decisions that are good for business. It also helps you tune into your sixth sense in order to instinctively understand what is going on in the lives of the people around you, particularly team members and clients, even when they aren’t openly sharing their thoughts and feelings with you.
When the energy of your third eye chakra is open and flowing freely, you are naturally tuned into the vibe of the people around you, you’re able to imagine your future in vivid detail, and you have the vision to take clear, direct action toward achieving your goals.
How an Imbalanced Third Eye Chakra Affects Your Business
People often say to me, “I feel like I have foggy brain. I just don’t know what to do or what I want. I don’t know what I want my goals to be.”
If you are finding yourself bogged down with a lot of uncertainty around the future of your business and your answer to questions about goals, aspirations and next steps is, “I don’t know.” then there’s a good chance that you have blockages or imbalanced in your third eye chakra.
In business, having a clear vision of where you want to go is an essential part of developing a workable strategy. Think of your achieving your goals like taking a road trip. You start out with an end destination in mind, set the GPS and off you go in that direction. You might take a few detours along the way, but you always recalibrate to get back on the fastest path to reach your destination. Having a clear vision and breaking down that vision into manageable goals is what will help guide your journey from where you are now, to where you want to go. But first you need to know where that is. But when your third eye chakra is blocked, and you lose your ability to visualize and plan, you end up going in circles—likely staying busy but not really making any real progress.
So if progress is an objective (and I know it is) it’s time to do a little energy work to unblock that chakra! I have some tips to help you take practical action to balance your third eye chakra, reconnect to your visionary talents and tap into your intuition.
I have something to support you.
Action Workbook for Business Owners
It's not enough to have an idea in your head (you've got plenty of those!), you also need clarity around your vision, a focused strategy and an action plan that will get you there.
YOU'VE GOT PLACES TO GO! THIS WORKBOOK IS YOUR GUIDE.
YGPractical Steps to Balance the Third Eye Chakra
- Practice using your third eye. Do this by simply allowing yourself to daydream (or follow along to guided meditations that will help you visualize a future scene until your comfortable doing it on your own.) Let your mind wander about all the possibilities that could become a reality, because the more clarity and detail you bring into a vision, the more believable that vision will become, which means the details will start to override the negative self talk (that used to tell you those “dreams” were impossible) and the easier it will be to seize opportunities that will help you bring your vision to life. So visualizing what it is that you want is a very important first step.
- Create a vision board—a visual representation of your future vision. Do this by finding images in magazines, books or online, that represent what you want to create in your business. Cut them out and paste them onto a board and place the board somewhere you’ll see it often to remind you of what it is that you’re creating. These are your future goals and dreams. After you look at the board, you can close your eyes and then imagine yourself actually having it. Imagine it as if you are already there, living that dream. Driving that car, on that beach, taking that vacation, on that stage, signing away at Barnes & Noble when you launch your very first book and it’s a New York Times bestseller. Whatever it is that you dream about doing, it’s achievable and attainable and the more you think about it, the more realistic it becomes and the more you are able to unblock that third eye chakra.
- Develop your intuition. Intuition is closely linked to your social emotional intelligence. Developing your intuition is a matter of becoming so self-aware that you are intune with your own feelings and hunches and becoming socially aware to the point that you can pick up on the unspoken feelings of others. It’s knowing how your actions and behaviors are affecting others around you and being able to read between the lines pick up on the things that they’re not communicating to you and understanding what it is that need or want—even when they haven’t said a word. This can be done by practicing mindful listening and making sure that when you are engaging with someone that you’re actually paying attention to their words, body language and the energy (the messages you’re getting that aren’t logical but are strong, nonetheless). Business is about people and the better you are at understanding people, the better you’re going to be in your particular business.
- Read books to learn more about developing these skills and start practicing. Books on emotional intelligence or developing your intuition are both great places to start!
- People watch. Practice noticing what’s going on around you by taking a step back and seeing if you can guess what people are thinking by their body language, conversational cues or facial expressions.
The more you practice these subtle skills, the better you’re going to be at making decisions, understanding yourself, and understanding others. You’ll find that as you start to trust your intuition more, you won’t need to analyze every detail. Instead you’ll make decisions much faster and with extreme confidence. And you’ll feel more connected to the world around you because you’ll have a better understanding of people in general—their unspoken thoughts, feelings, and needs, and you’re going to be so much more successful in your communications as a result.
Metaphysical Steps to Balance the Third Eye Chakra
Now, here are a few metaphysical practices that will help you to balance your solar plexus chakra and get your personal power back:
- Incorporate deep blue and indigo colors into your environment—wear indigo colored clothes, decorate with deep blues in your home or office, eat blue toned fruits and vegetables.
- Carry crystals with you that awaken your intuitive energy—amethyst, labradorite, dumortierite or sodalite.
- Surround yourself with scents—candles, incense or essential oils—like jasmine or chamomile.
- Meditate. Visualizing a deep blue or purple light dancing around your body as you picture a movie screen (either behind your forehead or just beyond your forehead in front of your eyes). Imagine looking at that screen and watching a movie of your life, exactly as you wish it to be. Repeat often to enhance the detail and align more closely with the vision—the more you do this, the more likely you are to achieve it.
These are just a couple of the things that you can do to get back into balance so you can tap into your intuition, get clarity around your goals and take decisive action toward the future you want to create in your business and your life.
For an overview of all seven of the business-related chakras, read this post: Balancing Your Chakras (Why it’s Good for Your Business).
Cheering Your On,